Thursday, July 14, 2011

portrait of imogene

imogene, 1914-2011

my grandmother' s passing this week prompted me to go rummaging through my archives to find this piece. i can't seem to remember the year this was done but i'm assuming, based on the style, the end of college or shortly after..... i can safely say it was done well over a decade ago. yea, that sounds good... as i come to the conclusion that i need to keep better archives.
this portrait, although i can't help but think how i would approach things differently technique-wise, it still captures the spirit of my grandmother. she was a great person with a wonderful spirit.. loved and missed by many.
i love portraits. thinking of challenging myself to do a not-so-challenging task of another portrait of mrs. imogene.... a painting this time


RIP Grandma

0 comments:

Post a Comment